We have developed a web-based payment system where security along with ease of use are one of our primary concerns.
Further on this page you will find what security features OKPAY has to offer in order to keep your money safe and also about general safety precautions on the Internet.
Secure your OKPAY Account
OKPAY customers determine the required level of account security. OKPAY provides all the essential features aimed for account protection:
- Validating members' email address.
- Accepting only strong enough passwords.
- Using a duly issued Extended Validation SSL Certificate which is clearly displayed in your browser.
- Auto-logout after 10 minutes of inactivity - an additional precaution against leaving the computer unattended;
- Graphical display of the IP addresses that you have used to access the account. This way you can monitor your access for any unfamiliar, and therefore suspicious, IP addresses.
Furthermore, if our customers want uncompromising protection of their money — OKPAY Security Center has the following optional features:
- Two-factor Authentication - PIN codes are a convenient and reliable measure of financial security that has proven its effectiveness for all prominent financial institutions of the world. By enabling this security option, client receives a variable PIN code on email address, mobile phone via SMS or uses an application to generate a PIN. From then on every log in attempt should be confirmed with a PIN code, however a device can be remembered (PIN is not asked).
- Security Questions - This is additional protection against unauthorized password reset. Even if client's email address is hacked and 3rd party tries to reset the OKPAY account password by using the Forgot your password? link - this could not be done without knowing the answers to security questions.
- Access Authorization - Security measure is used if client did not enable any other security features. Whenever customer authentication is attempted from a different country or a subnet of IP addresses that is not associated with the account owner - the system sends an additional security code to the registered e-mail address.
- IP Security - Limit access to OKPAY account by whitelisting only certain IP addresses using Country filter or by entering the list of IP addresses manually.
In any case, do not ignore the usual precautions
The functionality and normal operations of OKPAY are maintained by its security system and a set of remedies. However, the OKPAY Security Department considers it necessary to warn the customers once again of potential security threats on the Internet and remind them to exercise extreme caution at all times.
- Be aware of any hacker activities! For your own security, keep your firewall and anti-virus software up and running, watch out for key-loggers and spoofed websites, and make sure the URL in your web browser address bar always begins with https://www.okpay.com
- Upgrade your browser and computer Operating System (OS) regularly - security issues make this upgrading essential. Practically all new browsers contain built-in protection from phishing (and therefore identity theft) and spyware.
- Please keep your passwords and access codes away from strangers.
- Remember to change your account password as often as reasonably possible.
- Keep in mind that we never ask you to email us your passwords and access codes.
- Be careful with electronic mail and don't open messages from unknown senders and phishing emails. Don't answer such messages. They may contain viruses which can get into your computer and give swindlers everything they need to access your account.
- Don't download unknown programs even if they offer to reinforce your computer's protection - such programs may contain malware, adware, viruses, exploits, bots, etc.
- We recommend that you enable all the security options provided by OKPAY and use them at all times.
If you have any security concerns or want to ask a security-related question, please refer to our Support Service.